Release 6.18/04 - 2019-09-11
The release notes for this release can be found here.
Installations in CVMFS
Standalone installations with minimal external dependencies are available at:
/cvmfs/sft.cern.ch/lcg/app/releases/ROOT/6.18.04/x86_64-fedora30-gcc92-opt /cvmfs/sft.cern.ch/lcg/app/releases/ROOT/6.18.04/x86_64-fedora29-gcc83-opt /cvmfs/sft.cern.ch/lcg/app/releases/ROOT/6.18.04/x86_64-mac1014-clang100-opt /cvmfs/sft.cern.ch/lcg/app/releases/ROOT/6.18.04/x86_64-centos7-gcc48-opt /cvmfs/sft.cern.ch/lcg/app/releases/ROOT/6.18.04/x86_64-ubuntu14-gcc48-opt /cvmfs/sft.cern.ch/lcg/app/releases/ROOT/6.18.04/x86_64-ubuntu18-gcc74-opt /cvmfs/sft.cern.ch/lcg/app/releases/ROOT/6.18.04/x86_64-mac1013-clang100-opt /cvmfs/sft.cern.ch/lcg/app/releases/ROOT/6.18.04/x86_64-ubuntu16-gcc54-opt
Example for setting up ROOT from CVMFS
The entire ROOT source can be obtained from our public Git repository:
git clone http://github.com/root-project/root.git
The release specific tag can be obtained using:
cd root git checkout -b v6-18-04 v6-18-04
Windows 7/Vista/XP/NT/2000 are supported. We offer two packaging types:
- exe: a regular Windows installer package also setting up the required environment variables. With uninstall via “Control Panel” / “Add or Remove Programs”. Simply download and start, or open directly. You can double-click ROOT to start it, ROOT files get registered with Windows.
- tar: the traditional variant. Unpack e.g. with 7zip. Start ROOT in a Microsoft Visual Studio Prompt (in Start / Programs / Microsoft Visual Studio / Tools). If you installed ROOT to C:\root then call C:\root\bin\thisroot.bat before using ROOT to set up required environment variables.
Important installation notes
- You must download the binary built with the exact same version of Visual Studio than the one installed on your system.
- Do not untar in a directory with a name containing blank characters.
- Take the release version if performance matters.
- If you want to debug your code you need the ROOT debug build (you cannot mix release / debug builds due to a Microsoft restriction).